Dr. C. Andrew Salzberg is a New York Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery and breast surgery, including breast reconstruction. He is an Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery, and the Director of Integrated Plastic Surgery Services, at the Mount Sinai Health System in NYC and the Chief of Plastic Surgery at St. John’s Riverside Hospital at Dobbs Ferry in Westchester. He also performs surgery at the Institute for Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery within the Hudson Valley Hospital Center and The Mt Sinai Hospital.
Dr. Salzberg is best known as the pioneer of Direct to Implant and AlloDerm Breast Reconstruction. This type of breast reconstruction replaces the traditional Tissue Expander Method, which required two surgeries with in-office biweekly expansion for several weeks in between. In practice since 1987, his new, pioneered technique (2001) allows him to put in a permanent breast implant, with no need to expand or have a second surgery, because of his approach in using AlloDerm to act as coverage and support of the bottom portion of the implant.
An internationally renowned speaker in the field of plastic surgery, Dr. Salzberg specializes in the use of Strattice for Secondary Breast Augmentations. His renowned expertise with Strattice allows him to overcome some of the most challenging cases such as bottoming out, symastia, rippling and wrinkling, fold malposition and mastopexy/augmentation; Dr. Salzberg is also diversified in Fat Transfer for Revision Breast Reconstruction and Breast Augmentation.
Meet Dr. Salzberg
Other notable achievements include:
- Board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (1989)
- Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology at New York Medical College (1987)
- Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Castle Point VA Medical Center (1987-1997)
- Past President of the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel
- Dr. Salzberg was born in New Jersey and attended Montclair Academy and Ithaca College.
- He graduated from the University of Florida School of Medicine with his Medical Doctorate in 1981.
- He did his residency in General Surgery at Beth Israel Hospital in New York (1981-87) and Plastic Surgery residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center (1984-87).
- Dr. Salzberg has presented papers regarding plastic surgery internationally and his research activities include breast reconstruction, pressure ulcer prevention and treatment, nerve repair, wound healing, skin substitutes and laser applications in skin care.
See Dr. Salzberg’s patient reviews on RealSelf
Let’s Get Started
Would you like to meet Dr. Salzberg? To see his compassionate care in action, request a consultation online with New York plastic surgeon Dr. C. Andrew Salzberg. Call our toll-free number for our Tarrytown office at 800-433-7410 or 914-366-6139. Call 914-293-8700 to reach our offices at the Hudson Valley Hospital Center, Cortlandt Manor, NY.
Be sure to review our gallery of before-and-after photos to see some of our actual patients.
At the New York Group for Plastic Surgery, we serve patients in the entire Hudson River Valley, Northern New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania and Western Connecticut
View Dr. Salzberg’s Work
Face & Neck Lift