The surgeons of NYGPS are recognized within the medical community for their expertise in plastic and reconstructive surgeries including: Direct-to-Implant (One-Step) breast reconstruction and DIEP (free tissue transfer) breast reconstruction; microsurgery to treat trauma injuries, severe wounds and burns, and repair, reattach or replace damaged limbs; and pediatric cranio-facial surgery. Read the surgeons’ bios and medical procedure fact sheets here:
C. Andrew Salzberg, MD – Media Bio
Dr. C. Andrew Salzberg, a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, who specializes in cosmetic surgery and breast surgery, including breast reconstruction. He also operates at The Mt. Sinai Hospital Center in New York City.
Mastectomy is the surgical removal of breast tissue to treat or prevent breast cancer, and breast reconstruction is the surgical procedure to restore the breast’s shape, size, and appearance. Mastectomy with breast reconstruction is an option for women being treated for breast cancer, or women at high genetic risk or strong family history of breast cancer.
IN THE NEWS
- With the rise in prominence of breast implants causing cancer, Dr. Salzberg shares how likely this actually is and if you should be concerned.
- Dr. Salzberg weighs in on the Allergan breast implant recall.
- Dr. Salzberg shares his thoughts on the new body-sculpting method that zaps fat with super-cooled injections.
Jordan M.S. Jacobs, MD – Media Bio
Dr. Jordan M.S. Jacobs is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a highly accomplished cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon practicing in both New York City and Westchester County.
IN THE NEWS
- Dr. Jacobs spoke to NEW YORK MAGAZINE: THE CUT about How to Get a Better Jawline
- Men’s Health interviewed Dr. Jcobs about loose skin after weight loss. Read the article here: “Loose Skin After Weight Loss: What Can Be Done To Tighten It?“
- Dr. Jacobs answers the important question of, “what’s the difference between a cosmetic and plastic surgeon?” in Healthline.