There are countless reasons why a woman may wish to enhance the appearance of her breasts. Thanks to modern surgical techniques, women now have more augmentation options than ever to alter the breasts’ appearance safely. Breast augmentation (also referred to as breast enlargement or augmentation mammaplasty) is a surgical procedure that works to increase or restore the size of your natural breasts using artificial implants or, in some cases, fat from your own body. For the results you want, get the best breast augmentation NYC has to offer at New York Group for Plastic Surgery.
enhance the appearance of your breasts
Why Consider getting a breast augmentation?
Common concerns why women may consider breast augmentation include:
- You feel your breasts are too small or disproportionate to the rest of your body.
- Your breasts are asymmetrical, or one breast is noticeably smaller than the other.
- Aging, pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight loss have caused your breasts to become smaller or less firm.
- You wish to fill out your clothing better.
- Naturally small breasts have taken a toll on your femininity or self-esteem.
If you’re unsatisfied with the appearance of your breasts, breast augmentation at New York Group for Plastic Surgery can restore optimal balance and proportionality while providing a youthful and shapely bust that lasts for years.
Breast augmentation in New York City is an entirely customizable surgical procedure that can be tailored around your personal goals, existing body frame, and even your preferences for your future breast size and incision placement. Whether you desire a subtle enhancement that uses your body’s natural fat or a more significant increase through the use of synthetic implants, you and your surgeon at NYGPS will work together to ensure you’re fully satisfied with the treatment plan before making an incision.
What are my breast augmentation options?
Breast Implants – Breast implants are devices made of a soft silicone outer shell. These shells are filled with an FDA-approved silicone or saline substance and placed within your breasts under your existing breast tissue. They enhance your breasts’ natural size, shape, profile, and projection from your chest wall. Implant options also vary based on their shape (round or anatomical), texture (smooth or textured), and overall size, providing an infinite number of possibilities.
Autologous Fat Transfer” – Breast augmentation through fat transfer removes viable fat cells from a region of your body with excess fat tissues (such as the thighs, abdomen, or hips) and injects the purified fat tissues into your breasts. The fat tissues are gently extracted from the body using liposuction, processed and purified, and finally injected strategically into the breasts. While this method can only increase your breasts by one full cup size, it has the benefit of being completely natural. The surviving fat will last indefinitely.
Which type of Breast Implant is best for you?
Breast implants come in various shapes and sizes, each with a unique set of advantages and drawbacks. Your cosmetic surgeon will recommend the ideal type of breast implant for your unique needs. However, you should have a brief understanding of their differences to make an educated decision.
The section below will describe the various types of breast implants to choose from.
Types of Breast Implants
- Saline Breast Implants — Breast implants filled with sterile saltwater. If the implant ruptures, the saline is simply absorbed by the water and expelled without any harm.
- Structured Saline Breast Implants — Saline breast implants with an internal structure that makes them more natural and realistic.
- Silicone Breast Implants — Breast implants filled with silicone gel. It resembles the natural feel and texture of actual breasts, but there’s a small risk of the gel escaping into the breast implant pocket in the unlikely event of a rupture.
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants — Form-stable silicone breast implants that maintain their shape even when the implant shell breaks. It has a tapered top that resembles the natural structure of the breasts, making them look even more realistic.
- Round Breast Implants — Rounded breast implants that are evenly shaped on all sides. There’s no risk of external projection if they rotate out of place.
During your private consultation at one of our two New York Group for Plastic Surgery locations (NYC or Tarrytown), your board-certified plastic surgeon will discuss your options for breast augmentation in New York City, how the procedure will be performed, and what you can expect from your results. During this time, you will also have the opportunity to ask our expert staff any preliminary questions regarding the surgery, like which implant will provide the best results to potential risks and complications. Your surgeon at NYGPS will ask you a series of health-related questions and perform a physical examination to confirm that you are an ideal candidate for the procedure.
Get Started with Breast Augmentation Surgery
Do you want to learn more about breast augmentation in New York City? Request your consultation online, or give us a call at 888-912-1279 (New York City) or 914-366-6139 (Tarrytown). New York Group for Plastic Surgery has served the New York area for over 27 years, and you can schedule your visit with one of our plastic surgeons at our conveniently located offices. The New York Group for Plastic Surgery serves patients from communities in the Hudson River Valley, Northern New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and Western Connecticut.