Body contouring procedures have become an effective way to sculpt the body profile and create a leaner, firmer appearance. Liposuction is typically the go-to choice for moderate body contouring, with the ability to create dramatic results with less discomfort and downtime than more invasive surgical procedures. At the New York Group for Plastic Surgery, we offer different cutting-edge liposuction techniques to tailor the procedure to your specific needs and desired outcome.
Power-Assisted Lipo (PAL)
Power-assisted liposuction or PAL takes body sculpting to the next level by simply adding a vibrating tip to the cannula used to remove fat from the body. In traditional liposuction, the surgeon manually moved the cannula through the fat deposit to loosen fat cells so they could be suctioned out of the body. The vibrating tip used in PAL automates the motion, allowing for more effective removal of fat with less trauma to surrounding skin and tissue.
There are a number of benefits PAL offers over traditional liposuction:
- Smaller incisions mean less discomfort, bruising, and scarring after the procedure.
- Automated cannula motion removes approximately 30 percent more fat
- Smaller cannula also allows for greater precision in the procedure
- PAL tends to be a quicker procedure, alleviating many risks
- PAL results in less trauma to surrounding tissue and a shorter recovery time.
SmartLipo is a revolutionary method of body contouring that uses laser energy to liquefy fat cells for easier removal. A very thin cannula is inserted into the fat deposit, which delivers the laser heat directly to the cells. Fat cells are liquefied and then gently suctioned out of the body. SmartLipo is a minimally-invasive procedure that can be used on areas that were challenging to treat with traditional liposuction, such as the chin, neck, and upper arm.
Advantages of SmartLipo MPX over traditional liposuction include:
- Laser heat tightens skin around the new body contour for a smoother result
- Can be performed under local anesthesia, involving less risk and a shorter recovery
- Less discomfort, with almost no post-procedural bruising and swelling
- Ability to treat smaller areas that could not be treated with traditional liposuction
Both PAL and SmartLipo can be used on various areas of the body, so you can get the sculpting you want in the areas you need most. The procedures are typically performed on an outpatient basis and patients are usually back to regular activities within a few days. To learn more about your options in liposuction, contact the New York Group for Plastic Surgery at one of our four offices: New York City – 888-912-1279, Tarrytown – 914-366-6139.